Amanda Moments
November 25, 2014

Linking up with Samantha, Becca and Melissa for Blogger Men Tell All, Thanksgiving edition!

blogger men tell all 3

What food do you look forward to most at Thanksgiving dinner?
Stovetop stuffing. I like to overdo it on the carbs. Stovetop stuffing, potatoes and gravy. If that’s all Thanksgiving was, I’d be a happy camper.

(He does also specify that the stuffing MUST be Stovetop. One time I brought home an off-brand stuffing and he was not pleased. He’s actually a really picker eater.)

Do you ever go shopping on Black Friday?
Heck no. Well, no but yes. I physically don’t go out for Black Friday sales because it’s dumb. Sometimes there are better deals prior to Black Friday. But if I do go shopping on Black Friday, it’s online. They have pretty good online sales. Who wants to get up at midnight? It’s like a midnight movie premiere. Who wants to stand in line for 3 hours to save money when you can get it at the same price later?

(I find all his talk of sales hilarious. This is the man who absolutely refuses to download the Cartwheel app or use ebates even though I gave him my log-in information and said all he has to do is one extra click in order to get cash back.)

What’s your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
Napping. Or watching football.

There’s football on Thanksgiving?! No!!

Umm, yeah, there’s always football on Thanksgiving.

(I give a forlorn look.)

…but we don’t have to watch it.

Yay!

Yeah, growing up though, we’d always put the game on, whoever was playing.

(And then I feel guilty for hating football when it means a lot to him. I’ll probably let him watch it now.)

But definitely naps more. Naps kick arse.

Do you travel for the Thanksgiving holiday or stay close to home?
If we go anywhere, it’s to Benson. But it’s really up in the air. Christmas is better. I don’t make Thanksgiving a huge deal.

What are you most thankful for this year?
You.

Good. (I chortle)

I’m being cereal (for awhile, our nephew thought that serious was pronounced cereal, so we sometimes still say that). I’m thankful for you. And our health.

Aww.

Becoming Adorrable

32 responses to “Blogger Men Tell All: Thanksgiving Edition”

1. tyson says:

I agree. It’s either stove top or my mom’s amazing Paula Deen stuffing. NO imitations. He forgot to mention the marathon of “A Christmas Story” starts on Thanksgiving. We usually put that on after football gets boring. “Ralphie!”

2. Keisha says:

Cal cracks me up!

3. Your husband is too funny! He’s such a sweetheart too 🙂

4. Amanda Wood says:

I love his answer for the last one!! And “cereal” is adorable!!

5. “I’m being cereal” WAY CUTE! naps are the bomb dot com though for real. I’m sad I don’t get them much anymore. What if homemade stuffing was offered? Would he take that over stovetop?

6. very cute 🙂 Happy Thanksgiving to you two (I don’t like watching football either, especially on family holidays!)

7. Whitney says:

Stovetop is the bomb. That is all.

8. Rachel says:

Naps kick arse… especially after the carbs make you feel sleepy.
    Brad’s also picky about a Thanksgiving side. The cranberries must be from a can. Eww.

Thank you so much for introducing me to this link up!!

9. Meagan says:

I love Stovetop! We sometimes say “super cereal”, and I feel like its from a movie but I’m realllly bad at that! Happy Thanksgiving 🙂

10. Elizabeth says:

Stovetop stuffing, YES! It is the bomb.com!

11. Amberly says:

He won’t use Cartwheel??? I’m sure people think I’m crazy because I’m on my phone the entire time I shop looking up Cartwheel deals.

• He won’t! He thinks it’d be too much hassle. I’m like, “yeah, if you think saving money is a hassle!” Anything to save me is always worth it. So I just do all our shopping now. I use four different couponing apps in Target, plus physical coupons I print out, plus reusable bags for that credit, so I am a bit ridiculous. No shame though!

12. Krystal R. says:

haha I love it. Men are hilarious!

13. My husband loves football and naps as well!

14. Samantha C. says:

Kyle alwayysss watched football on Thanksgiving because his favorite team plays that day.

15. Cherie says:

This is cute. I also love the picture and the mohawk.

And I have to agree with him — naps are the best!

16. awww he’s super cereal about being thankful for you! and i agree with cherie-the mohawk picture is the best!

17. Samantha says:

Haha I’m with him! Who wants to stand in line for 3 hours to see a movie at midnight?! ps: that picture = perfection.